City's Home Loan Program Helps West Carleton - March Homeowners Make Energy Efficiency Home Upgrades
The City of Ottawa is committed to supporting homeowners to make energy efficient home improvements that address rising energy costs and more extreme weather.
Through the Better Homes Ottawa Loan Program, Ottawa residents can get a low-interest, 20-year loan of up to 10 per cent of their home’s current value to cover the cost of home energy upgrades that lower energy costs while increasing your homes comfort and resiliency.
Measures eligible for financing through the program include:
· Basement, attic and exterior wall insulation
· Window and door replacements
· Air sealing (such as weather stripping or caulking)
· Air and ground source heat pumps
· Solar panel systems
· Electric vehicle charging stations
· Necessary upgrades to electrical systems to accommodate measures listed above
· Climate adaptation measures such as basement waterproofing, back-flow prevention, and permeable pavement
· Additional dwellings such as granny suites or basement apartments (*up to 30 per cent of the total loan amount)
Some West Carleton - March homeowners have taken advantage of this program but there is certainly room for more. You can combine the Better Homes Ottawa - Loan Program with any other available energy grants, rebates, and incentives such as the Oil to Heat Pump Affordability Program and Enbridge Home Efficiency Rebate Plus program.
You can learn more about the Better Homes Ottawa Loan Program and apply at betterhomesottawa.ca.